Self Love Beauty Events for 2019
Our 2019 Calendar is filled with events, experiences and programs with you in mind! We received feedback from many on how we could help them in their self-love, confidence and empowering journey. Learn about all the opportunities below.
Events Ongoing Throughout the Year
Self Love Beauty has programs, experiences and events that are reoccurring. These dates will be continued to be determined as events and projects come up. Check this page and our Facebook event page for details:
- Pop-Up Shops
- Beautiful Me Photo Shoots
- Beautiful Me, Beautiful Us Photo Shoots [new in 2019]
- Podcasts and Blog
- One-on-One Self-Love & Life Coaching
- Group Coaching [happening quarterly]
- Subscribe to Self Love Beauty
Adult Ambassador Program Re-Launch!
- Date of relaunch: March
- Apply online: Available in March, watch our newsletter and social media for details.
- Description: This program offers an exciting opportunity to be a part of a movement empowering others by connecting with them on a more personal, direct and inspiring level through stories and our online Beautiful Me collections. This program is for ages 18 + above. Ambassadors will have bi-monthly meet ups, help with fundraising events and volunteer in their community. This program allows them to connect, grow in self-love and be part of positive change in their community.
Events from April-June
Mothers with Boys
- Date & Time: April 23, 2019
- Where: Freeland SportsZone
- Description: Self Love Beauty is partnering up with the Trevor Szafranski, founder of Band of Brothers for this event! Are you a mother with son(s)? This event is an opportunity for you to learn how to communicate with your son, relate and provide them with the tools to grow in their own self-love journey. Self Love Beauty’s staff member and life coach, Sarah Weisbarth, will be leading this conversation. Join us on April 23, from 6-7:30pm at the Freeland SportsZone in Freeland, MI. vc_row]
Mother | Daughter Retreat
- Date & Time: June 2019
- Where: Great Lakes Bay Region in Michigan
- Description: Our one day retreat allows mothers and daughters to engage with each other on communication, health and fun activities. It is essential in a young girls life to have a mentor such as her mother to help her and be her advocate. This relationship will help young girls understand how to care and love themselves and to not seek outside sources to meet their needs. This retreat provides a growth in this bond and also provides a way for them to give back to their community. If you know a girl that would like to attend that does not have a mother, we will be happy to provide a mentor.
Teaching Your Kids to Thrive
- Date, Time and Location in person: April 2019, in the evening, in Mid-Michigan [Details coming soon!]
- Date, Time and Location virtually: April 2019, in the evening, google hangouts [Details coming soon!]
- Sign up here: Sign up in January 2019
- Description: Teaching Your Kid to Thrive presents strategies, activities, and stories in an approachable way to develop responsible, self-motivated learners. We bring together social, academic, and self-skills to help students tap their inner strengths. Some of these may include: Developing growth mindsets along with perseverance and resilience, cultivating a sense of responsibility, honesty and encouraging a capacity for empathy and gratitude.
Speed Dating for Friends
- Date & Time: Thursday, May 9, from 6:30-8:30pm
- Where: TBD | Mid-Michigan Area
- Sign up here: Sign up will happen in February 2019
- Description: Many women ages 21 and older have a harder time making friends. This event brings together women to speed date to meet each other, mingle and make new friends.
- Date: Tuesday, May 14
- Where: Virtually online but done at your company, your home, your school, etc
- Description: This day is for you to help us promote affirmations and positive mantras. This could be by passing out cards, giving a gift to someone, writing nice sayings on windows, paying it forward or painting a affirmation mural. The opportunities are endless but the impact on our society is positive! More details to come!
Events from July-September
Empowerment Summer Camps
- Date & Time: Summer 2019 | Week Days Monday thru Friday
- To Purchase for your organization: www.selflovebeauty.com/empowermentcurriculum/
- Description: The Self Love Beauty Empowerment Curriculum is a fun, engaging and educational 5 day program for girls ages 9-12. Our curriculum focuses on the development of a positive sense of self, a sense of connection and commitment to others, and the development of the abilities and motivation to succeed in school and participate fully in family and community life. We partner with top female experts to speak on the following topics and lead activities, including:
- Strength: identify character strengths and self-defense seminar
- Glow: exploring high and low self-esteem and yoga/mindfulness activities
- Image: discover your personal style and confidence including a style design contest
- Tribe: defining a good friend and how to be a good friend with a challenge course
- Empower: exploring social justice issues concluding with a volunteer project
Despite the Dark Event
- Date & Time: August 2019
- Where: Great Lakes Bay Region in Michigan
- Description: The Despite The Dark™ run/walk is an informal run/walk event that aims to shed light on issues that exist around women’s safety at night. The mission to shed light on the issues surrounding women’s safety running at night. The goal is to empower women and involve men through conversation and action.
Self Love Beauty Women's Conference
- When and Where: August in the Great Lakes Bay Region
- Register: Stay tuned!
- Description: This women’s conference is for women ages 21 and above and is filled with sessions around Self, Love and Beauty to provide young girls with tools to enhance their confidence in empowerment, mental health, self-confidence and self-care.
Empowerment Speaking Panel
- Date & Time: Starting September 2019
- Where: Bring this event to your school!
- Description: This speaking panel is a once a month opportunity for students in your school to hear from empowering men and women on topics around self-love, confidence and empowerment. Each month, people will come to speak to students on friendship, mental and physical health, bullying, social media and more. The impact of this panel will teach students about a certain topic, how it impacts someone’s life and how to make positive change. Panel members will share personal stories and have actionable items for students.
Father | Daughter Night Out
- Date & Time: September 2019 | Evening Event | Stay Tuned!
- Where: Mid-Michigan, place TBD
- Description: A Father/daughter relationships is very important. A strong male influence is important in the growth of a daughter life as it shapes her self-esteem, self-image, confidence and opinion of men. This night out allows fathers and daughters an opportunity to grow together. Examples include: Outside activities, change a tire, build something or STEM project.
- Date & Time: Starts in September 2019 and goes for 6 months
- Leadership program in person: Mid-Michigan, place TBD
- Leadership program online for those not in Mid-Michigan:
- Description: This program is for young girls ages 11-13 to be the next generation of leaders they will meet once a month to go over the following:
- Life Skills Workshops
- STEM activities
- Social Impact
- Self-love and Confidence
- Learning through activities
Events from October-December
Mother | Son Event
- Date & Time: October 2019
- Where: Michigan
- Sign up: Coming in September
- Description: The mother and son bond is so important. This event will give a night out with your son for enjoyable night to communicate better, have some fun and learn about confidence!
How to Make Friends Course
- Date & Time: October 2019, 6:00-8:00pm
- Where: Virtual
- Sign up: Coming in September
- Description: Friendships offer the acceptance, approval and sense of belonging that many of us crave. It also provides us with someone to confine in, laugh with and be part of our lives. If you or your child struggles to connect with other kids and form friendships, it can be a blow to self-esteem or leave anyone feeling alone and frustrated. This course allows you to learn social skills, communication and conversation skills to find ways to make friends and be a good friend.
How to Embrace Your Uniqueness Course
- Date & Time: November 2019, 6:00-8:00pm
- Where: Virtual
- Sign up: Coming in October
- Description: It matters that we are all different. Be Yourself. If you know what makes you unique, but you’re afraid to show it, you will not be able to impact others. So many times, we worry about what others will think that we are too afraid to show the world our true colors. In a world that places high value on conformity, it can sometimes feel daunting to embrace our uniqueness. We want to help change the world, and help you, be you. Let’s express ourselves and be proud of the things that make us different. Our uniqueness can be found everywhere. It’s reflected in our personal experiences. It comes out in what we pay attention to. It’s found in our beliefs, hobbies, creativity, genetics, and sense of humor. We can also express our uniqueness in how we dress, how we show up every day in the world, and the people, places, and things with which we choose to surround ourselves. This course allows you to learn to embrace each part of you that makes you unique.