Growing up I watched Laguna Beach and The Hills, two shows most people my generation watched and still watch the reruns. Lauren Conrad was my favorite character maybe because of her ambitions, relationships, struggles or friends. Throughout watching her though, I learned a lot a lot. Here are the 27 quotes of hers that I fell in love with:
1. “Being called the nice girl, is way better than being called a bitch.”
We all have labels for each other, we may say we don’t but everyone is known for something, either being the nice girl, the bitch, the nerd or the pretty one. Think about it, what do you want to be labeled as? For me, I would rather be labeled the nice girl than the bitch.
2. “You have the rest of your life to be married. Enjoy falling in love. When girls get caught up in the timeline, it becomes more about the wedding than the marriage. You should be with someone with whom you could elope this weekend and be happy.”
I think this is something most girls my age know but don’t realize at the same time.To the girls that are engaged and found the love of their lives, great, congrats and I am very happy for you. But what about the rest of us, that haven’t or are just in a relationship to be in one? This quote is a reminder that we have our whole life to be married why not enjoy falling love with your life and in love even if it takes years. When you do it because you love someone over a timeline, love will be that more passionate. Be with someone who is your best friend.
3. “Love is not a maybe thing, you know when you love someone.”
Love is not a maybe thing? Hmmmm… I am pretty sure many of us have heard this before when you ask someone if they love the person they are with, they say ‘maybe.’ I agree with this quote and it taught me that if I think I might love someone, I don’t, love isn’t a maybe thing. You either love someone or you like them. You can be on the verge of love but love should never be a maybe thing. Love is rare and beautiful, only surround yourself with people that you love and that you don’t have the question the maybe with.
4. “I’d rather have a few true friends than a lot of fake crappy ones.”
I think this quote explains itself. Who really wants a bunch of crappy friends. I think we all at one point have had these, we like to have lots of friends and forgot how important it is to just have a few great friends. I think I have learned this more as I have grown up. I have become a better person and happier in life not having fake or crappy friends in my life anymore. True friends are hard to come by so take advantage of having those people in your life and get rid of the crappy people that just bring you down.
5. “The only thing left to do is forgive and forget. I want to forgive you and I want to forget you.”
As people of God we are asked to forgive and forget. I agree, there are a lot of people that you can forgive for what they did. Some you forgive and move forward together and some like in this quote you forgive but want to forget. Is hard as that is for some people. Sometimes you have to forgive these people and move forward with your life without them. Its okay to do because some people are just not meant to be in your life anymore.
6. “I used to care a lot about what people thought about me then I learned I definitely can’t please everyone, some people will like you and some people will hate you, but I really don’t care either way. I am not losing sleep over it.”
I think we all have these moments where we care what others thing about us. I have learned just as this quote says that you can’t please everyone, trust me I have tired more than once. But what I am learning is not everyone knows the real you, some only know a piece of you or have only heard about you. Throughout life you will always have those people that don’t want you to succeed. That is when you take that and you move forward to show them the real you, your beauty. You can’t care what everyone thinks about you or you will never be truly happy.
7. “You don’t get that many people in your life that you can just tell anything to.”
This quote I came across when I was on the phone venting to my best friend in the whole world about life. She is the person, i literally tell everything to her. You don’t get many people like this in your life so embrace it and be happy you have these people in your life. Trust is hard to come by and its so important to never take for granted the people in your life you can tell everything to.
8. “I just don’t really want to settle and I don’t think I should have to.”
I think sometimes some of us don’t realize we are settling. We are dead set on something or someone and don’t realize how much better things could be. This quote just brings me back to sometimes we just want to settle with that job or that guy because its easy, but is it really going to make you happy long term…no! So don’t settle nor should you have to, sometimes you have to put in more work or give up the easy life but it is worth it to have the life you didn’t settle for.
9. “It is so frustrating because I was just, I broke up with him because I was sad of crying everything, like I didn’t want to cry anymore and then I was crying cause I was fighting and now I am crying because he’s not here to make me stop.”
I recently had a break up like this. I knew it was for the best to end it because all I did was cry and become hurt by him but he was one of the closest people to me so when we ended it and I was crying i hated that he wasn’t there to fix it. It sucked because it is the worst feeling in this world but sometimes we have to do it.
10. “He makes me feel like I am never good enough and I hate that feeling.”
NEVER and I mean NEVER date a guy that makes you feel like you are not good enough. It is the worst feeling in the world and no girl should ever feel that way. If you start to feel that way that’s when you need to just walk away, not matter how hard it is. If a guy makes you feel that way how can you ever have a real relationship?
11. “You weren’t being over sensitive, he was being over asshole.”
I love this quote because most of us girls blame ourselves, we make excuses for the guy that doesn’t even deserve the excuse because well he is just a plain asshole. You were not being over sensitive a guy that actually cares about you will love you for all your emotions, and usually not many girls are that sensitive. Assholes look for a reason to make you feel bad.
12. “Boys are like purses. You are always going to have that one boy that you’re always comfortable with and you know you will always kinda of like. That’s your purse you wear everywhere. Then you have that gorgeous bag that you want everyone to see you with but the gorgeous bag is usually an asshole or costs a lot of money. Then you have those other purses that you really like but you really don’t want to be seen with.”
I think most girls can relate to this. We have these types of guys in our lives and I think its just a reminder that through this crazy ride, the good looking ones, the assholes will only hurt. The purses you really like but don’t show off honestly will treat you the best and the ones you are most comfortable around you need to decide what you want with. Just remember the assholes only brings tears and uncertainty.
13.”When you are looking to meet someone, you are looking to settle because you are not looking for someone, you are looking for anyone.”
I love this quote because it is so true. The minute you are looking you are just looking for anyone and when you stop looking the right one finds you. I think this is hard for most of us to take in because the thing is
14. “Sometimes you just have to take a step back and realize what is important in your life, what you can live with but most importantly what you can’t live without.”
I think this is really important. Sometimes we get in the rush of things or we caught up into things we shouldn’t. We all need a moment to step back and see what is really important and what is not. Sometimes we get wrapped up in things that we can truly live without. So take a step back and realize what is really important.
15. “Working towards one’s goals sometimes means that you have to go step by step even though no one is watching.”
Sometimes we all have to do things behind the scenes to make it to our goal. Its hard to understand sometimes because we want it now but some goals take a while to get to so working step by step behind the scenes sometimes is so important.
16. “You are of the most important in my life, ever, in my world.”
I think we all have this one person or some of us have a few people. I have one person in particular that comes to mind when I hear this. If they are this important to you then don’t let them go.
17. “A true friend is someone who never gets tired of listening to your pointless drama over and over again.”
I have a couple of friends that are there for me and listen to my drama over and over again. Be thankful for them because honestly, true friends like this are hard to come by. We all have a lot of drama in our lives and sometime make the same mistakes over and over again. These friends are important to have. This quote speaks a lot so don’t ever take advantage of these friends in your life.
I LOVE this quote because there are people in our lives we allow back in that don’t even have to put an effort in after treating us disrespectful. I think if they want to be back into our lives they should put in the effort, ball is in their court. Next time someone wants to be part of your life after everything they did, just remember if it means that much to them they will put the effort in.
19. “If you really want to be with someone, it should be someone you really like, like someone you are really proud to be with and you should want to call them your boyfriend or girlfriend.”
I think this quote explains itself. If you truly want to be with someone, make it happen, make it a title. Don’t treat them like a whatever because if they mean that much to you don’t let them go.
20. “You can never make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it is no longer a mistake it is a choice.”
I hate this quote, because its right and so true. I can say I have made mistakes but sometimes when I do it again, I have to remember it is my choice and no longer a mistake. I think this is something most of us forget. We get mad at ourselves because of the mistakes but sometimes it was our choice all along.
21. “You gotta believe that there is people that just really want the best for you.”
I think sometimes we always hear things how everyone is out to get you and doesn’t want the best for you. This quote reminds you that you need to believe there are people that do want the best for you. I truly believe this is true because there are people in my life I want the best for and I know other people feel that way about me. It is just knowing the difference between who wants the best for you and who doesn’t.
22. “…While bangs don’t look good on everyone, confidence does.“
Some things don’t look good on everyone but everyone should wear confidence but I believe that is truly the sexiest thing on a person. Confidence is a strong thing to make you successful and confidence can make dreams come true. So wear those colors bright.
23. “Life’s tough, get a helmet.”
Life is always going to tough, it will knock you down, it will do multiple things to you. So sometimes you have to be strong and tough, so get a helmet to hit all the tough things head on.
24. “You didn’t love her, because you don’t destroy the person that you love.”
How many of you have been destroyed by someone that says they love you? I have more but I also think of if I had to chance to destroy them would I? No but that’s because I love them more then they love me. Sometimes you have to realize, if a guy is hurting you he doesn’t love you because you wouldn’t hurt the people you love.
25. “It just is what it is. It’s not always fair.”
I think this quote shows us that sometimes things aren’t fair, and they are far from fair but instead of dwelling on it you can accept it as it is and move forward. Sometimes accepting the things you can’t change helps you become a stronger person.
Thank you for reading this article, click here to check out LuLu’s discounted rate for you!