When I was 24 the word I lived by was STRENGTH. When I was 25, I made a list of 26 things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 26 and I called it my ‘bucket list‘. When I turned 26, I completed that bucket list and changed my motto to FEARLESS.
This year, at the age of 27, it was a year of travel, pushing in my career and growth. It was a year of finding myself screaming more times than not “I LOVE MY LIFE” and believing it.
I am turning 28 shortly and as I look back at the past year and realize a few things but most importantly, my self-love is the highest it has ever been.
Everyone’s journey to self-love is different and everyone journey once they find self-love is also different.
For me, I have grown so much in my own. So before I turn 28 here are 28 things I want you to know about self-love that I have learned throughout the years
- Self-love means loving yourself even on the bad days
- Self-love means even the days when you are crying yourself to sleep, you choose to wake up the next day with love and respect for yourself to make it a brand new day
- Self-love is exactly those words, it is love for your self and you are the only one that can do that
- Self-love is taking care of your body physically and mentally through what you feed your body, how you talk about about yourself and the exercise you do
- Self-love is a bubble bath with a glass of wine/coffee and a good book
- Self-love is surrounding yourself with people that make you want to be a better person
- Self-love is respecting yourself enough to walk away from the things that don’t help you grow anymore
- Self-love is finding your passion and living it out
- Self-love is looking in the mirror every day and saying to yourself “I am Beautiful; “I am Enough”
- Self-love is finding laughter in everyday
- Self-love is finding positive moments in life
- Self-love is screaming at the top of your lungs almost everyday “I LOVE THIS LIFE”
- Self-love is being confident in what you bring to the table in a friendship or at work
- Self-love is standing up for yourself and for others when being mistreated
- Self-love is standing up for what is right even when you may be the only one standing
- Self-love is speaking up to be heard but also listening to others that need to be heard
- Self-love is being present in the moment to enjoy all the grace that is around you
- Self-love is turning the music up on your stereo and singing karaoke to your favorite song
- Self-love is calling your support system when needed and being OK with being vulnerable
- Self-love is understanding that your journey is not the same as someone elses jounrye and thats OK
- Self-love is knowing that noone else gets to be you and that is a beautiful thing
- Self-love is loving yourself enough to give love to others
- Self-love is realizing all you have been through and instead of dwelling you embrace it to grow
- Self-love is knowing that you will have bad days but you also will have great days
- Self-love is understanding that your journey will have ups and downs, turns left and right but you will grow if you allow yourself to
- Self-love is being fearless to be set free from the belief that you ‘cannot’ do something
- Self-love is having the strength physically and mentally to belief in yourself even when others bring you down
- Self-love is by far the most amazing thing you can do for yourself
28 is another year for me to grow into the person I was meant to be. Have a story to share yourself? Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I would love to hear it!